Tuesday 9 December 2014

Working Wardrobe: 1st December

I think this might be a new feature over the winter months!  I'm back again with what I wore to work last week.

working wardrobe 1st dec

These are the first 'selfies' with my new camera, a few focusing issues but already a massive improvement, as it seems to cope admirably with the low light levels on these dark mornings and represent colours much more accurately.

It was also the first full week of my new haircut.  I tried it in a ponytail on a few days, but I'm still feeling my way and trying to work out what I can do with it.  I plumped up the fringe a bit too much on Thursday, it looks a bit 'Friar Tuck' in the photo!!  I think this cut would look good tousled and backcombed a la Bardot, so will have to give that a try one day.

Monday: Swing trousers, 20th Century Foxy.  Heels, J Shoes (via TK Maxx), Top, Primark.
Tuesday: Black dress, Zara (via car boot sale).  Purple tights, M&S.  1950's repro court shoes, Clarks via Ebay.
Wednesday: Navy shirt dress, H&M (via car boot sale).  Boots, Jones the Bootmaker.  Necklace, vintage Trifari (via charity shop).
Thursday: Dress, Phase Eight.  Shoes, Clarks.

I'm looking forward to wearing some of my new charity-shop purchases over this coming week, and I should confess to having bought yet another pair of those 1940's style Clarks mary-janes off Ebay.  That's the same shoe, in three different colours now, which may seem excessive, but I wear them all the time and they take me from work to parties.  The perfect shoe.

Do you have the same shoes in lots of different colours?  Or do you like to wear completely different ones?




17 comments:

  1. OMG 4 Fantastic Outfits who are so classy, feminine, timeless and beautiful. Plus they all make you look so tall. How tall are you Porcelina? You know I love a great Black Shirtdress, a Classic Breton Tee and High-waist Trousers so both outfits on the left are my favorites. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm 5'9", so yes, tall! Glad you liked the classic looks from this week! x

      Delete
  2. I really should start buying multiple colors of shoes that I really like. That's a super sensible solution to "these shoes would be perfect with this, if only they were black/brown/blue/etc".
    Your nautically inspired outfit is so on point. I'm still loving your bangs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still loving my hair too, though it does take a bit more work maintaining the style! You should definitely buy shoes you like in more colours, it's brilliant!

      Delete
  3. All four outfits are very elegant and stylish; the wide-legged trousers look especially great! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both of the stripes outfits on you. You're so slim you can totally pull them off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you love eBay! eBay is literally one of my favorite places to find great pieces for an affordable price!

    Chelsea

    www.gingersideoflife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always go to Ebay for never-worn shoes, which is something I never find in charity shops in my size. Great for affordable pieces, like you say!

      Delete
  6. You look very chic in all of your outfits, especially love the trousers and stripe top! oh and I am loving your new hair the fringe really suits you! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely outfits and the new hair is fab. I have quite a few pairs of brogues in different colours another very versatile and useful shoe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, brogues are another eternally stylish shoe that work with a myriad of looks. I only have one flat pair, I might keep my eyes peeled in the sales for a nice wintry colour x

      Delete
  8. You are working that fringe, missy! It looks fab with a ponytail and I'd love to see you bardot it up a bit. My favourite look this time is the last one - that stripey dress is awesome. I have most pairs of shoes in several colours and generally from Clarks - if it fits, I wants it in everything!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am Clarks obsessed too!! Just bid on another pair of boots on Ebay. The dress feels a bit '70s and after i bought it hung unworn for a bit, but I love it now! X

      Delete
  9. I'm seriously loving the new fringe - in fact, you're making me wish I hadn't decided to grow mine out, because they're so perfect with that tousled beehive look! Mind you, mine always seemed to go the 'Friar Tuck' route, so maybe that's not such a great idea for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They should give a FT health warning perhaps with a fringe like this? Thankfully I've only had the one FT day so far! Will be sure to post pics when I do a beehive x

      Delete
  10. I ADORE those trousers! Also your haircut is fabulous!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...